03 July 2016

Ryan giggs departs manchester united: see reactions and comments






Ryan Giggs has departed his role as Manchester United's assistant manager, ending an association with the club that lasted nearly three decades.
The news was confirmed by United on Saturday via their official website. The announcement included a statement from Giggs, which read in part:
"After 29 seasons at Manchester United as a player and assistant manager, I know winning is in the DNA of this club—giving youth a chance, and playing attacking and exciting football. It's healthy to have high expectations, it's right to expect to win. Manchester United expects, deserves, nothing less.
This is why it is a huge decision for me to step away from the club that has been my life since the age of 14. It has not been a decision that I have made lightly. I'll take away so many special memories as well as a lifetime of experiences that will, I hope, serve me well in the future.
However, the time feels right and, although I have no immediate plans to step into management, it is where I want to be."

Club executive vice-chairman Ed Woodward also provided comments to the website about the decision:
Click here to read the comment.

The Welshman arrived at Old Trafford as a youngster in 1987 and went on to make 963 appearances for the team. As a player, he won 13 Premier League titles, two UEFA Champions League trophies and four FA Cups.
Following David Moyes' sacking, Giggs became the interim player-manager for the final four games of the 2013-14 season.

Read more here
Source: bleacher report.

0 comments:

Translate

Facebook